It only takes an instant for a car accident to happen in Palm Desert, California, but the effects of that accident can last a lifetime.
No matter where you’re headed in Palm Desert — to the Shops on El Paseo, your favorite golf course, or to one of the many local natural attractions, like the Coachella Valley Reserve — there’s always the possibility that you could be involved in a car accident. If you’ve been injured in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, California law gives you the right to seek compensation for the damages you suffered as a result of the negligent actions of another driver or drivers.
The Palm Desert car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Scott Dinsmore, APC have helped clients injured in car accidents in Palm Desert, Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Thermal, La Quinta, Mecca, Cactus City, Valerie, Thousand Palms, Indio, Coachella and other High Desert communities get the full compensation they deserve for the injuries.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Some of the injuries our clients have suffered after a car accident in Palm Desert include:
- Cuts, bruises and lacerations
- Bone fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord Injuries
- Head, neck, and back injuries
- Internal organ injuries
- Burn Injuries
Damages You May Be Entitled to After a Palm Desert Car Accident
What are some of the damages you can collect for your losses resulting from a Palm Desert car accident? Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to collect compensation for both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are damages that can be assigned a specific dollar amount. These can include:
- Past, current and expected medical expenses
- Loss of wages
- Loss of expected future earnings/wages
- Property damage
The costs of your non-economic damages aren’t so clear cut. They can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSDs)
- Loss of consortium
Non-economic damages can be difficult to establish. the Law Offices of Scott Dinsmore, APC will fight to get you every cent you are owed for all the damages you suffered in your accident, including the full amount you are owed for your non-economic injuries.
Why Not Just Accept An Insurance Company Settlement After A Car Accident?
Insurance companies are going to try to pay as little as possible to settle your case. The amount they offer may seem fair at first, but the settlement may not cover the full costs of your injuries, especially if you are unable to return to work.
As experienced Palm Desert car accident attorneys, we will hold the insurance company accountable for the full costs of your injuries — not just your current expenses, but also the ones you will face in the future. The representation of our skilled Palm Desert auto accident lawyers could possibly get you many thousands of dollars more for your settlement than you could obtain negotiating with the insurance company yourself.
How a Auto Injury Lawyer Can Help After a Palm Desert Car Accident
The Palm Desert car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Scott Dinsmore, APC handle most Palm Desert car accident injury cases on a contingency basis, which means there are no upfront costs to our clients if we choose to pursue their case, and we only collect a fee — a percentage of the settlement we obtain for you — after we’ve won your case. So you see, you have nothing to lose and potentially thousands of dollars to gain by calling the Palm Desert auto accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Scott Dinsmore, APC.
We can’t predict or promise the specific amount of money you will be able to collect for your car accident injuries. However, we can share the case results from some of our previous car accident injury cases. They include:
- Over $1,000,000 – for wrongful death trucking accident
- $1,000,000 – for aggravation of spasmodic torticollis from trucking accident
- $409,944 – for a back injury resulting from an auto accident
- $400,000 – for aggravation of a neck injury in a hit and run auto accident
- $299,999 – for back, knee and head injuries resulting from an auto accident
- $229,160 – for neck and back injuries resulting from a low impact rear end accident
- $165,000 – for a knee injury caused by intoxicated driver accident
- $162,500 – for a knee injury caused in a big rig truck accident
- $100,000 – for a neck injury resulting from an auto accident
Let us put our years of experience, in-depth legal experience, sharp negotiation skills, and vast resources to work for you. Our Palm Desert auto accident attorneys can help you in many ways.
- See that you receive the proper medical treatment for your injuries.
- Conduct an independent crash investigation to establish the facts of your case.
- Immediately send letters of representation to the other driver’s insurance company, so they won’t be bothering you.
- Aggressively negotiate a fair and honest settlement; if this fails, file a lawsuit.
- Represent you in court.
Our clients know we will fight to get them the total compensation they are due for damages they sustained.
Maximize Your Compensation: The Do’s and Don’ts after a Palm Desert Car Accident
To ensure you are able to collect the full compensation for any injuries you have suffered, there are several things you should do — and shouldn’t do — immediately following a Palm Desert auto accident.
Some of the important things to do after a wreck:
- Check on the condition of the other persons involved in the accident.
- Exchange names, contact information, driver’s license numbers, and insurance information with the other drivers involved.
- Contact law enforcement.
- Collect evidence — get the names and contact information of any witnesses, take pictures of the accident scene.
- Get medical attention.
- Contact the Palm Desert car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Scott Dinsmore, APC.
As in a criminal case, what you say and do after an accident could be used against you. Here are a few things we advise clients to never do after a car accident:
- Leave the scene of the accident.
- Accept any liability for the accident.
- State that you are not injured before you’ve undergone a complete medical examination.
- Discuss your accident with family, friends, coworkers, etc.
- Discuss your accident on social media.
How Comparative Negligence Can Affect Your Palm Desert Car Accident Injury Case
California is a pure comparative negligence state, which could have a significant impact on the amount of money you can collect for damages after a car accident. Comparative negligence means that the courts assign a percentage of liability to each person involved in an accident. For instance, if you are seeking $100,000 in damages and the courts determine that you were 25% responsible for the accident, then you will only be able to collect $75,000 in damages. The higher your percentage of fault, the smaller your recovery amount.
Our experienced Palm Desert car accident attorneys will be able to demonstrate exactly how much you were or weren’t liable for an accident. The less liability you have for your accident, the bigger the settlement you will be able to collect.
Speak to A Palm Desert Car Accident Attorney About Your Accident Injuries
If you’ve been hurt or injured in an accident, contact the Palm Desert personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Scott Dinsmore ASAP. We provide potential clients with a free initial legal consultation to discuss their case, answer any questions they may have and provide professional legal advice on the best way to proceed with their claim.
Don’t delay — California has strict statutes of limitation laws pertaining to personal injury actions. If you wait too long, the court may refuse to hear your case!